United States Flag logo

Welcome to Howard County, Iowa

Howard County Iowa - Military Service Records

Military Service Records & Forms

  • Howard_banner1.jpg

Military Service Records

Military discharge papers (DD 214’s) may be filed in the Howard County Recorder’s office. An original or certified copy is needed for filing purposes. If you wish to request a certified copy of a military discharge, please complete and return the application.

This May be done in person or through the Mail.


 Please send a photo copy of your driver’s license if mailing. entitlement has to be proven before a certified copy can be issued.

 There is no charge to record or obtain a certified copy of a military record.

If enlisted from the state of Iowa: 

Iowa Commission of Veterans Affairs 7105 NW 70th Avenue

Camp Dodge Bldg. A6A Johnston, IA 50131-1824

Phone number: (515) 242-5331 or  (800) 838-4692
Fax number: (515)-242-5659

Howard County Recorder's Contact

Howard County Courthouse
137 North Elm Street
Cresco IA 52136

Monday - Friday 8:00am -  4:30pm

Phone number: (563) 547-9210

County Recorder: Cherri L. Caffrey

Deputy Recorder: Roxann Vokaty
PT Clerk: Lori Balik